Sunday 21 March 2010

A bit of ourselves..

Rage face!!


Chin up...


Okay! So I had typed out a "wounderful" new exert! (Ha, I wish :P), and thougt that I had saved it but alas..looks like I will have to restart :(!! Boo!


Anyway! Looking back at my past work I guess it would be wrong to say that I never subconsciouslly make my self or at least my feelings the protagonist of my pieces.

In our 1st semester we were given the challenge to paint a personality onto wood. I've never really been a fan of painting, possibly because I was never too good at it and secondly I can't remember the last time I willingly picked up a paintbrush! I'm happy to say however that I was truely ecstatic with my outcomes! My 1st piece was inspired by my Japanese evening classes, I decided to portray myself as a somewhat opposite. I used acrylic paint and although this piece may look unfinished I quite like its current aesthetic!

こんばんは。

The cherry blossom has been said to symbolize the brevity of life as the flowers only bloom for a short period of time.

"It encourages everyone to appreciate what little time they have on this Earth. It promotes gratitude for what they are given. It could remind you that all things pass in time and that bad situations won't last forever."

I felt this certain tree could relate somewhat to my one week experience ^__^.

Although paint still might not be my first choice of media, I have changed my opinions! I was quite impressed with my efforts and won't hide from the idea of using paint again! In recent news, DOJ have the 1st year portraits up once again. It has inspired me once more, hopefully not to veer off my essay writting too much, and to think of another self portrait! So, I guess all I can say is tbc! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment